Profile: Christa Waddle -Dora High School Junior
Interview with Emily Barton
1. What are you looking forward to most in the new year? Any New Year’s resolutions?
-I am looking forward to bettering myself and making memories with my boyfriend and friends. My New Year’s resolutions are to be less anxious and worrisome, be happy more, and lose a little weight.
2. What do you think about all the crime in the world? Do you think there is an explanation?
-There is a lot of crime in the world and people get away with it because they are in a position of power. I think people commit crimes for many reasons whether it be for money, gratification, anger, fear, or even because they think their life is worth more than others.
3. If you were to give someone the best advice in the world, what would it be?
-I know it sounds cheesy, but the best advice I could give anyone is to just be yourself and do what makes you happy. If there is something you do not like, get rid of it. Do not deal with toxic people. A lot of people try to act a certain way to please others, but I do not think anyone should. Make yourself happy and do not worry about your appearance or what others think of you.
4. What are you most excited for after graduation? Do you plan to go to college or start immediately into a career?
-I am excited to finally get my life started after graduation. Not that it has not already started; it just does not seem like it yet. I am excited to see my friends in their graduation gowns and reminisce with them. I plan to go to Full Sail University in Florida and take computer animation and game design.
5. What is a big topic in the news lately that has you interested? Please explain why.
-There are several big topics in the news right now that are interesting to me. From the frequent and unfortunate killings of African Americans, for no good reason, to the intolerance and hate towards the LGBT community. I believe the world needs a big wake up call to understand that the default of the world is not white, straight, cis-gendered, Christian men because it seems that is what the world is most catered to. That needs to change.